Sunday 7 August 2011

Happy Birthday Mom !!!

Hello Crafters, I'm back !!!
I was thinking about doing a post, so I went to do one and saw that the last time Id posted was the 2nd of June and I was shocked. I didn't realise it had been so long since I'd posted. In case you didn't know I'm still in school so I don't get enough time to post everyday but for two months wow. As it's the holidays now hopefully I'll be doing a lot of posts and to start off with I'm doing a post for my moms birthday and as a little treat to say sorry to all of my followers I have added my second video, its only a short one but I hope you like it. 

So here is the card, its an 8"x8" square card and I made it using two sheets of 12"x12" co-ordinations card stock from the essentials collection.  














I cut one piece down to 8"x8" and the other at 10"x8". The 10"x8" piece I scored at two inches and folded with a bone folder. I put tape on the two inch boarder lined up the 8"x8" piece and stuck it down so it was an 8"x8" card. This is not a very good explanation so heres a short video to help you understand.(Sorry if you cant hear it very well you might want to use your head phones).
Next I used the mickey and friends cricut cartridge and cut both the layers for the fence at 3", you can find this on page 126. I cut this twice but the second one I used the flip key on the expression machine. For the first layer I used a plain white and for the second layer I used a duck egg blue colour.


Then I used the create a critter cartridge and cut some flowers (I only used layers 1)in  different sizes which I sanded to get an aged look and add some texture, this looks grate with the co-ordinations.For some extra texture and dimension you can put the flowers in the palm of hand and curl them a little by rubbing your bone folder over the back of them a few times.Some of the flowers I cut at 1" and others at 1 1/2" - 2". You can find these flowers on page 47. Next I went back to the mickey and friends cartridge and cut the flower stems from page 109. The smaller ones I cut at 1 1/2" and the larger ones I cut at 3" and just added five or six of flowers whereas on the smaller ones I just used one. 
I added the gate to the card blank and used some dimensional's to add the flowers to the gates. Using the dimensional's gives the flowers a more realistic look. Finally I went back to the create a critter cart again and cut out the happy birthday phrase which you will find on page 27. I cut this at 4".  Again I sanded it because its wasn't really standing out much as it is the same colour as the actual card itself and I also put it on pop dots. Then that was the card finished. 


I hope you enjoyed it, thank you for reading. Sarah xoxox  

No comments:

Post a Comment