Tuesday 30 August 2011

Vintage style Car Card

Hey everyone last week was my Grandad's 80th birthday so I wanted to do an old vintage style card. So I used an old car. The card is an 8"x8" square and I made it using two sheets of 12"x12". For more infomation on how I did it you can watch a video on a previous post of mine, heres the link: http://sarahscraftycardz.blogspot.com/2011/08/happy-birthday-mom.html


 For the card blank I used black co-ordinations.  I also used a g.c.d paper pad called paris nights, one of the papers had this script typed over it and I thought that would make a good background. So I cut that at
7 3/4"x7 3/4" and used it as a matt on the card blank.


Next I used the mickey and friends cricut cartridge and cut the old vintage car from page ??? It has a lot of different parts to it just like a real car I guess. I used six different colours, for the base layer I used a creamy colour cardstock from co-ordinations. For the first layer I used a brown colour, this is for the bumper/fender.













For the second layer which makes the door frame, I used a light brown parchment type of paper. The third layer is the wheels/tires and the seats.    















The fourth layer Is the frame of the engine, lights, hubcaps and door handle's. I used a light creamy white colour. For the fifth layer which is the engine grill on the car I used a dark brown colour. Finally I added some pop dots to the back of the car and added it to the card.
 So thats the card I hope you enjoyed this post, thanks for reading Sarah xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment