Monday 8 August 2011

Were Off To See The Wizard

Hey Crafty people, I hope you are all well. Today I have another birthday card for you, it was also for my mom. For her gift she went to see the wizard of oz in the theatre, so I thought I'd make her a matching card. 

It's 12"x6" so I just used one sheet of blue from the "MatchMaker Brights Textured Cardstock Stack" by DCWV and folded it in half. After that I took a sheet of green from the  "Solid Glitter Paper Stack" also by DCWV and I drew from a drawing the emerald city and cut it out. I used a black pro marker and wet around the edges to define them and i out it on pop dots and stuck it to the card blank. I also cut a little hill to put in the front. As I did not cut this on my cricut machine I can not give you an exact size but it's about 6" high and 6" wide. 

Next I used the mickey and friends cricut cartridge and cut the little pavement from page 126 as the yellow brick road. I cut it at 4", for the first layer I used orange and for the second layer I used yellow both the papers were from the DCWV stack. 


My mom loves minnie mouse and when I got this cartridge a few months ago she asked me to use it for her birthday card so I cut minnie mouse at 5" from page 90. I wanted to made her look like Dorothy so I cut her dress in a blue colour, and her bow and shoes in a red colour and glittered them. 


So thats the card I hope you like it. 
Thank you for reading, Sarah xoxox


No comments:

Post a Comment