Sunday 22 May 2011

My Finished Project.

Hello everyone. Im off on holiday on wednesday so I thought I'd better get posting. I'll be away for 2 weeks so I wont be able to post while I am, but hopefully I'll be able to post again today or tomorrow !!!

So anyway, at school I've been working on a project in woodwork. I was supposed to be designing and making a clock but my teacher said he wanted me to do something a bit harder so here it is. 

It's a 12"x12" paper holder with different compartments. It's made of MDF and held together with PVA glue, it's surprisingly strong too.

I started out by cutting 4x  12"x12" sides and glued them all together. This took up a 1 hour lesson as I had to let it dry in a vice. 








So next I used a big machine with a blade in it to cut 
the sides. I wanted them to look like they just swept 
across, so I didn't just do straight lines. I curved 
them as you can see in the picture to the right.   
The first sweep stops at 2" down then the next one 
continues from there and stops at 5" down and the last sweep continuing from there and ending at 8" down.  So the front is 4" and the back is 12". 





Then I cut two panels, one at 12"x 6" and one at 12"x 8". I was going to glue these into place but I decided no to so that I could have a smaller section or a larger section. 


Finally I just added some of my paper pads and that was pretty much it, done. I may paint it white but I'm not sure yet, if I do I'll let you know. 





Thank you for reading, Sarah xoxox 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah,
    I would love for you to stop by my blog~I have something for you to pick up!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohh okay sherrie that sounds pretty intreating, thank you x :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay I just visited, what was it your 4th july project ??? I love the hat one !!! x

    ReplyDelete